Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
Gors

16/12/13

Hello all, I am here to ask for a tiny help regarding building a level.

In my level, you get '1000 gold' from an NPC to buy him 4 ingredients. There are many shops that sell those ingredients, with several prices, and your task is to do intelligent shopping to buy all 4 ingredients without going over your 1000 gold limit.

So far, I have built my level as described:

-I created a tally system with bonons that goes up to 500 gold for each ingredient. So, no ingredient will cost more than 500. If you pay, for example, 300 for tomatoes, three bonons will die.
-Once you buy the ingredient, a pine gate opens so you can push the crate on top of a flower, 'validating' the purchase.
-Once you buy a type of ingredients, such as tomatoes, you cannot buy any more tomatoes.
-This will allow the player to spend over 1000 gold, but Mitsu will be forced to check the remaining bonons, and if few bonons are alive, mitsu will not be able to 'validate' the purchase.

I'm now trying to come up with a way to validate the purchase, in a quick manner.

Since my bonon tally system has 5 bonons for each of the 4 incredients, that's 20 bonons, each with the value of 100 gold.

Since you can only spend 1000 gold, this means that at least 10 bonons need to survive. Maybe make them activate switches or something?

Gors

19/12/13

Oh well! I think I found a decent workaround for my problem!

I edited the bonon tally system to kill the REMAINING bonons instead of the face value. So, since you have 500 gold per item, buying a 300 gold item will kill the REMAINING 2 bonons.

This way, the living bonons can be set free and activate switches that validate the purchase.

If you spend more, more bonons will be alive and they will press an automatic loss trigger (since you spent more than 1000 gold).

And if you spend less, more bonons will die, meaning they cannot activate the win trigger at all.

letting 10 bonons alive will activate an AND trigger and make you win.

renboy

19/12/13

Sounds very intricate :)

Is there an area out there with this in it?

Gors

23/12/13

It's Rialto Market. I don't remember the coordinates right now but it's the level that was showcased in hte Kryllian Area Spotlight :)

ParkerVR

24/04/14

I like it, but why not use tagged barrel crushing for money costs? Or, if you wanted to, you could use a lot of programming with gates to do it.

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize