Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
renboy

02/07/14

Time for a new ver, and this time with some interesting goodies!

• Death notes!
    • Players who die can now leave a death note for everybody to see
    • You can only have 1 death note per adventure, if you add another, it will override the previous one
    • Adding a death notes will make your remaining sword glow red, letting other players know there is a note there
    • Write anything you want! something funny, a warning for future players, anything on your mind.
  • Lots of changes to Mitsu's abilities, making combat and platforming easier and more accessible.
    • New ability! - Dash
      • Dashing will move mitsu in any desired direction (left, right, up or down) a short distance nearly instantly
      • While dashing, you will be briefly invincible, and will not be affected by gravity
      • After you dash, you get a cooldown of 1.5 sec before you can dash again (cooldown meter shows overhead)
      • Dashing cancels from anything, meaning that even if you are in the middle of a move like DFA, or get hurt, you can dash into safety instantly
      • At level 5 you unlock a skill that removes the cooldown if you kill enemies
      • Dashing will not let you crush into enemies, instead it will cancel the dash before hitting an enemy, within weapon reach
      • You cannot dash upwards while airborne
      • Check out the two new dash skills and the keys for dash in the player panel
    • Normal standing attacks are faster now, like air attacks
    • Normal, air, DFA attacks have a larger hit-box, making them easier to land
    • Normal standing attacks no longer push back enemies
    • 'Catching up' skill is now available from level 1
    • All successful attacks (attacks that hit enemies) will have a slight pause to them, making them more noticable and letting the player plan his next moves better
    • Mushroom dash (or any trampoline dash) is now super easy to execute - all you need to do is to be running while on a trampoline, and you'll get bounced instantly

Have fun!

ArtixBot

02/07/14

I feel like Mitsu attacks TOO fast on the ground right now.

That dash skill is amazing though! Mitsu can now take Emory kunai like a brick wall!

mostro

02/07/14

Interesting changes. I'm affraid dashing will render a lot of current levels useless.

Also, I don't feel Mitsu too fast on the ground but I'm having trouble getting used to a 3 button Mitsu.

The hit pause feels a bit weird but that might be only because I was used to the old behavior. You can see the difference on my latest level at 7w9 which, thanks to the hit pause together with the dash, is now a lot easier to complete.

renboy

02/07/14

Dashing is indeed a very powerful move - but without it Mitsu feels far less ninja then he should be.
As with everything else, no change is final, and farther fine-tunes and/or nerfs may be implemented based on reception and behavior in the game.

The main reason behind the recent changes is to make the world less difficult for newcomers, as well as give a more powerful and fluid movement to Mitsu.
When faced with a couple of Vespi (for example) the player should be confident about his victory instead of being worried that any little mistake will cost him his life.
Of course, creators can create much harder encounters that will pose a great challenge - but we wanted to make at least the basic encounters less intimidating.

The movement changes, combat changes and the 'death notes' would hopefully make the game more accessible and fun to play :)

mostro

02/07/14

> The main reason behind the recent changes is to make the world less difficult for newcomers
Until creators start to make levels that require mastering of the dash cooldown cancel, that is :P.

fervour

02/07/14

Haha, just you wait Mostro!

jroye

02/07/14

i like the idea of every mistake cost you in your life :(
anyway that should be up to the level creators to decied if your mistake will kill you

ParkerVR

03/07/14

no diagonal dash?

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize