Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
renboy

03/07/14

Thank you all for giving feedback about the recent game-changing version!
We noticed that Mitsu's ground attacks are too OP at the moment, making many of the existing challenges too trivial.
The ground attack changes are still much more powerful then before - but many of the enemies have been strengthened as well, and Mitsu's special attacks (DFA and Lunge) are now much more effective at dismissing enemies quickly.

• New death notes will appear instantly for all the players playing the adventure
  • Balance changes:
    • Mitsu's ground attack speed cooldown is longer (2 => 5)
    • Catching up now has a smaller range (200 => 150)
    • DFA and Lunge attacks now do much more damage (1hp => 3hp)
    • Ground attack's hitbox no longer covers areas below Mitsu
    • Some mobs now have increased health:
      • Bonon (5hp => 6hp)
      • Vespi (2hp => 4hp)
      • Enura (3hp => 5hp)
      • Emory Marksman (3hp => 5hp)
      • Mook (4hp => 5hp)
      • Cadmeon (5hp => 6hp)
      • Fungoloid (3hp => 4hp)
  • Death notes will now instantly transfer to other players currently playing the same adventure, with a nice effect.
  • ISSUE: Hitting creatures sometimes paused the game a bit too long, fixed
  • ISSUE: It was difficult to see which tags you marked in the adventure info screen, fixed
  • ISSUE: The 'black ninjas' in the adventure info screen sometimes showed above other elements, fixed

Have fun!

• Edited on 03/07/14
mostro

03/07/14

Wow, killing bonons just got harder :(. I always thought 5 hits was a lot for a so basic enemy, I really don't get why it has to have so much healt (perhaps to be consistent witht their strength?). Levels where you have to kill several bonons make my fingers hurt and it just got worse.

Kinda feel the same about the rest of the enemies, the game will become a button masher (I know, I've made some button mashing levels myself but that's different :P).

renboy

03/07/14

With DFA and Lunge doing 3 damage each, and the overall faster attacks it should be actually faster dismissing Bonons (and other enemies) then before.

Naturally, nothing is 'set in stone' but we'll see how this works out.

mostro

03/07/14

But DFA in only available to those who bought the game... Oh, wait. I see, it should be an incentive to buy the game; after all, that's what F2P games are all about. I get it, nevermind my previous post.

One more thing, though. Is it possible for the game to detect the user's keyboard layout?. This is a small issue that has bothered me for a while but I didn't think it was worth annoying the devs for this. However, as more players from different latitudes discover the game, it might become a problem when you try to chat and the keyboard layout is not as you expect.

jroye

03/07/14

i didnt really get this buff mistu and then buff all enemies isnt it just a pointless power creep
and another thing i think its kind of a big problem if you change one little thing in the game such as inrease bonon hp it can potentialy break a lot of level and mess up with the timers every change that is not adding new thing can break levels so its kind of big problem
however i really liked the dfa/lunge buffs now they are actully usefull outside platforming

mostro

03/07/14

One more thing, I just found that, in the sandbox, Air Flurry still does fast attacks (which I liked most, I have to say) instead of the new paused attacks.

ParkerVR

03/07/14

on the air attacks... There is no swipe unlike on ground attacks; the white trail

ArtixBot

04/07/14

Haha, this change is awesome!

Although Vespi no longer feel squishy ;_;

renboy

04/07/14

Since the game is still in beta, we don't let the current content block us from changing the behavior or rules, if we did that it would be very hard for us to improve and fix problems with the game, which the beta is all about.
That said, we do try to keep as much of the world as possible intact and not do drastic game-changing changes that will make large chunks of the world obsolete (for example, Mitsu will never be able to jump above the 3 tiles that he can today).

The reason we buffed Mitsu's ground attacks was to balance his normal attacks with air attacks, as well as give him a reason to use Lunge/DFA for things that are not just platforming related.
Since all the attacks now have bigger hit-boxes, it's easy to dispatch a few enemies at a time (depending on the situation), so slightly increasing enemy HP was needed so encounters will not feel too trivial and usage of special Lunge/DFA will be more viable.

mostro - Lunge is available at level 5 and two quick lunges can get rid of any creature currently in the game with ease.

jroye

04/07/14

renboy isnt increas enemy hp can break level
and just an idea-give the creator of the level the power to decied how much hp will be to every enemie

mostro

04/07/14

I understand your point, renboy, it makes sense. I also understand that the game is still in beta which means that changes can happen that break some of the existing levels. My comments shouldn't be taken as complaints ;).

m0she

05/07/14

It seems you can now climb a wall of any height...

mostro

05/07/14

What do you mean?.

m0she

05/07/14

Using the dash move you can jump up on a wall and keep climbing higher each jump
Try it, it's fun :)

mostro

05/07/14

I've tried but the dash cooldown takes too long :(. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?.

renboy

06/07/14

Apparently it is possible (time your jump from the wall just shortly before the dash cooldown is over).
Thanks for letting us know!

The dash cooldown will be increased slightly in the next ver just to solve this issue, in the meantime, have fun experimenting with it :)

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize