Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
renboy

18/08/14

It is finally time!
This ver has a slew of changes and additions:

• Major hud changes!
    • The bottom hud while playing the game will now be always visible
      • While this is at the expense of some playfield real estate, it contributes to much better clarity
      • Shortcut keys are clearly marked on the different hud elements
      • The map button was redone to show a small world-map snip of your current area in the world, and your address
      • Removed some buttons that already exist in the adventure info tab: Guestbook, +1, Edit, Snapshot, Report
      • Some elements will only show when needed: Gold, Trophies, XP bar (to see your xp any other time just use the player panel)
      • Keybinding for locking yourself in an adventure! (Y)
      • Official reset/restart key was changed to 'z' (though Backspace still works)
      • Force restarting is now by holding the reset key for a second, no shift
      • Chat button will remain visible at all times, and will count missed messages if any room is silenced
      • Moving the mouse / pressing tab will no longer alter the hud - since you always see it
      • Tags are now always shown for the adventure you play
    • Remaining kunai indicator will remain on as long as you have less then the max kunais
    • If health is below max health, it will show above Mitsu when attacking
    • Lots of touch ups in the adventure info window, now opened by TAB
    • Report button moved into the adventure info
    • A/S/D keys to control Mitsu were removed (only Q/W/E or the alternate J/K/L work now)
    • Key selection screen will now show what they keys actually do
  • Editor hud changes
    • The editor's hud will also stay always on
    • The play button will change to stop button when the simulation is running (the rest of the buttons are disabled)
  • Gold/Trophies/Inventory are currently hidden, but they will be added to the player panel very soon
  • Bonons health reduced a bit (6 hp => 5 hp)
  • Vespi health reduced a bit (4 hp => 3 hp)
  • Basic dash and basic ground Kunais are now available from level 1 (and floor 1 of the world)
  • Basic air Kunais will now unlock at level 2
  • Other player shadows are less prone to blinking now (blinking is caused due to player lags and network latency)
  • Several dash issues were fixed:
    • Dash out of race start, resulting in Mitsu's invincibility (it was fun while it lasted!)
    • Dash cooldown gfx does not exceed it's bar now
    • Can dash out of praying at shrines, breaking the shrines
    • Can dash out of portals while being teleported, resulting in a hilarious micro-Mitsu situation

This version touched some core game code, so please let us know if you find any issues - and, of course, if you have any more suggestions.

Enjoy!

mostro

18/08/14

Wow! That's a lot of changes!.

> Major hud changes!
The always visible hud feels weird but it might just be a matter of getting used to it.

> Remaining kunai indicator will remain on as long as you have less then the max kunais
In my opinion this is a bit useless. It can only be of some use when you have 1 kunai, but when you have 0 kunais, you don't see anything so you might think you actually have kunais... you get the idea... it happens to me more often than you might think. I'm not saying you should have always an indicator, I just think this change is a bit useless.

> A/S/D keys to control Mitsu were removed
This pains me since it was the key combination I was used to.

> Bonons health reduced a bit (6 hp => 5 hp)
> Vespi health reduced a bit (4 hp => 3 hp)
Yay!.

> Dash out of race start, resulting in Mitsu's invincibility (it was fun while it lasted!)
I'm going to miss it :(. Also, I'm afraid I'm going to have a hard time learning to play again without using it :P.

> Can dash out of praying at shrines, breaking the shrines
I know it was removed to avoid breaking the game but dashing out of shrines and bonsais can actually make the gameplay more fluid. I used to do it all the time.

Some minor issues I've found with the new version:
- Due to the hud changes, in the base floors for the forest and the caverns you can actually see the level name (e.g. "ug 6") and even the number of "shurikens" available. I guess this might not be supposed to happen.
- If you're at level 5 (like me) and you lock yourself at the caverns, when you die and press the restart button you're taken to the 9th floor and you can see the locked icon even tough the lock is actually removed.

renboy

19/08/14

Thanks for the quick replay mostro;

The issues you have found (base floor showing shurikens / bad map names / lock issue) - have already been fixed and will be released in the next version.

ArtixBot

19/08/14

YAY UPDATES! I'm going to copy mostro's formatting here (sorry mostro :3)

> Major hud changes!
Feels weird, that's for sure. It may be I'm not used to it, but maybe let us edit the visibility of the hud in some settings menu? Also, when will there be rebindable keys? :3

> Remaining kunai indicator will remain on as long as you have less then the max kunais
Didn't really notice anything different with this, but ok!

> A/S/D keys to control Mitsu were removed
Well, I guess I'm glad I'm using the arrow keys to move. Although I'm waiting for rebindable keys :3

> Bonons health reduced a bit (6 hp => 5 hp)
> Vespi health reduced a bit (4 hp => 3 hp)
WOOOOO

> *Numerous sprint bug fixes
Nice! I did encounter the race bug once on a non-race level. I have no idea how it happened, though.

Cool stuff, indeed! Can't wait for the next version!

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize