Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
renboy

21/08/14

A new version with some more hud changes, fixes, and even a new ability of sorts!

• Lots of player panel changes
    • More clear and self explanatory
    • Skills are sorted by keys, making things easier to understand
    • Showing the description of skills even if they are still locked
    • Added gold, trophies, inventory (inventory can still be opened by pressing B)
    • Ctrl-drawing was now added as a normal skill to the player panel, and unlocks at level 6
    • Brand new skill - 'Curiosity' - unlocks at level 1 and lets you look upwards or downwards a bit, by using the up and down keys
      • This skill is important since some players play at aspect ratios that are shorter, and this skill makes all resolutions have the same potential
      • Looking all the way up or down will reveal about the same amount that was seen at 16:10 resolutions before the bottom hud was added
    • Added a button that takes you to your site's profile page
  • The death panel, which was a bit 'all over the place' changed into a one popup that is easy to understand
  • A new more Mitsu themed look for the bottom hud
  • After using all the available Kunais, a 'no Kunais' indicator will show
  • Clearing the address search text box in the map will cause it to loose focus
  • Updates button now also closes the updates panel if it is already opened

And some bug fixes:

• Keys in the player panel skill description were wrong in some skills
  • Shurikens will not show on base floors
  • Adventure name is now correct on base floors
  • Lock indication on the hud will stay locked even if Mitsu was forced to relocate and the lock was removed
  • While in the editor, some items had the last two respawn colors unavailable

Check it out, and enjoy!

mostro

22/08/14

Another update? That was fast!.

mostro

22/08/14

OK, some minor issues I was going to post about the previous version are still present.

- When joining a race you're locked to the level but the lock icon doesn't update accordingly.
- After finishing a race you'll remain locked to the adventure if the icon is in an unlocked position. [EDIT:] In fact it appears the lock remains no matter what (I think I saw it go away once but couldn't reproduce it). I remember the lock did go away in previous versions, didn't it?.
- There's a weird issue in the minimap that will show ongoing races where there are none. It's a bit hard to reproduce or to understand why it happens but try this:

• Go to 5e2 (a raceable level)
  • Drop down to 5e3 (another raceable level)
  • In the minimap you'll see an ongoing race on 5e2 but that's not all...
  • Press M to open the map and then press - to zoom out. Now both 5e2 and 5e3 will show ongoing races (sometimes the race indicator will go away after a second but sometimes it wont)

Also on the newest version, while standing at the bottom of a level you can't use the look up ability. [EDIT:] Nevermind about this. I guess looking up would leave Mitsu out of the screen.

• Edited on 22/08/14
renboy

22/08/14

I will look into the races issues, the latest versions didn't touch them - but the hud change was pretty major so things may have broken a bit, thanks!

About the 'look up' at the bottom - looking up or down only allows you to see a certain distance from where Mitsu is; since while in the bottom Mitsu already sees a much larger chunk of the area above him, you cannot look upwards farther (hope this made sense) - same goes for being at the top of the area and trying to look down.

mostro

22/08/14

Yeah, it makes sense :P. I posted about it without looking more carefully and then came to edit my post but it was too late :P.

mostro

22/08/14

On a closer look at the race lock issue, it seems that the lock is removed when you finish the race and set a new record but if you don't set a new record the lock is not removed.

Also, I'd like if the Shift+Backspace combination was kept for restarting a level, it can be faster than holding Z which is particularly useful in races when you tend to restart a lot.

ArtixBot

24/08/14

It'd be cool if you added new animations for when Mitsu looks up and down.

On an unrelated note, when will we finally be able to use those bushes, nuts, and gears we've been collecting? :D

renboy

24/08/14

Good idea about the looking up/down for Mitsu!

The shards you have been collecting will be used later on - since it's more of an 'end game content' it's a bit lower on our priority list at the moment.

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize