Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
mostro

30/08/14

I just found this weird bug. Look carefully above the rightmost guard. And no, there weren't any other players on that level. Now to see if it can be exploited somehow :P.

http://i.imgur.com/AC309Es

• Edited on 30/08/14
renboy

30/08/14

Interesting, do you manage to reproduce this bug?

(also, Multiplayer shadows have absolutely no impact on gameplay, so I can't see how this can be exploited in any way)

mostro

30/08/14

Right now that level is the only place where I've seen it happen. At first I didn't know what happened but after retrying a few times I was able to reproduce it by simply repeating what you see on the GIF. I'll try to explain:

- Teleport to 31e3
- From the shrine go down to the red respawn point without activating the alarm triggered by the flowers (the bug seems to happen only after respawning and only if the alarm is not triggered)
- After activating the respawn point, do respawn
- Do basically what you see in the GIF:

• Go back up to where the 2 guards in the GIF are
  • Kill the guard standing below them
  • Jump on the flower
  • Jump again and air-attack the guard on the left
renboy

30/08/14

I actually managed to reproduce this with your steps!

This bug is not related to the Multiplayer shadows as I originally thought - it's a gfx glitch with the air attack's blur effect as you hit an enemy.
I'll check what can be done to solve it.

Thanks for the detailed description!

Scheuchevogel

02/07/17

Rise from the dead, old topic!

Thanks to some instructions from Eeveeiott I managed to let even more incorrect effects appear over Emori Guards. Follow this extract from our chat to learn about more effects and how to cause them:

EDIT: As additional info, as that's not clear in the chat: The required setup of the original test was as shown in the below screenshot (caused by respawning at the bonsai and happening when the enura dies), however in later tests the enura death is replaced with other deaths as indicated in the chat extract.
http://i.imgur.com/7yLjVdK.png

"Scheuchevogel: I tested that bug, and got it!
Scheuchevogel: In the very same constellation I got different versions, actually.
Scheuchevogel: The most common one was a black bar.
[...]
Scheuchevogel: I'll post a pic with the three types
Scheuchevogel: https://imgur.com/a/fYEo0
[...]
Scheuchevogel: Black bar being by far the most common.
Eeveeiott: I'm not sure what the third one could be other than a piece of the enura, but I've determined what the other two are.
Eeveeiott: Or at least, what the first one is.
Eeveeiott: When an enemy dies, its health bar breaks in half and one half is visible for a second before dissipating. It's identical to the black bar that appears there.
Scheuchevogel: The scond one from it's shape could be a starting animation of the "!" which is cancelled
Scheuchevogel: Usually so short you can't see it
Scheuchevogel: A single frame
Eeveeiott: I was thinking that the second one was a piece of the lines that connect Mitsu to the checkpoint when he respawns.
Eeveeiott: My thought is that it those lines must be made up of tons of those small pinkish particles.
Scheuchevogel: But Mitsu was never so far to the right in my tests
Eeveeiott: I don't know. But if you try it with different objects and in different places, you should be able to get varied results.
Eeveeiott: In this sandbox there are no petals, but I think in a published WIP level there are.
Eeveeiott: If you try it there, you should be able to get some petals.
Scheuchevogel: Effect number 2 [from above screenshot] always appears exactly in the center of the "!" position [the alerted signal of the guard]
Eeveeiott: Shurikens can cause sparkles to appear, I think.
Scheuchevogel: Always
Scheuchevogel: While the black bar varies
Eeveeiott: Interesting, never really paid attention to that.
Eeveeiott: Though the question is, when the black bar appears when an enemy is killed, does its position vary then?
Eeveeiott: Perhaps the particle is set to vary position when spawned.
Scheuchevogel: The black bar always starts at the guards head.
Scheuchevogel: But its end is sometimes to the West of that position
Scheuchevogel: and sometimes to the East
Eeveeiott: Interesting.
Scheuchevogel: I think its always one half of his health bar
Scheuchevogel: Sometimes the left half, sometimes the right half
Scheuchevogel: Fits to what you write above
[...]
Scheuchevogel: Indeed, if you kill the guard the health bar breaks into exactly such two halves
Scheuchevogel: So somehow the enura's death is incorrctly attributed to the guard
Eeveeiott: I think it works with other creatures
[...]
Scheuchevogel: More deaths makes it more likely for the third thing to happen!
Scheuchevogel: But hard to capture
Scheuchevogel: https://imgur.com/a/DM4av
Scheuchevogel: https://imgur.com/a/6xoKh
Scheuchevogel: https://imgur.com/a/8dzHs
Scheuchevogel: Even other effect of the bonons can show up there:
Scheuchevogel: https://imgur.com/a/wreai
Scheuchevogel: This is from bonons bouncing/exploding on spikes. Also had one single red block of a health bar showing up there once.
[...]
Scheuchevogel: If you instead let vespis being crushed by a totem, all health bar effects (black bars, red cells) DON'T Show up.
Scheuchevogel: But you can still get the type two and explosion stuff
Scheuchevogel: Which makes sense, as vespis being crushed don't have a health bar effect.
[...]
Scheuchevogel: With Mitsus death [instead of enemies dying] I can recreate effect 2 only.
Scheuchevogel: So I really think that one comes from the !
Scheuchevogel: It's the only effect that works with each type of enemy/Mitsu and each kind of death
Eeveeiott: I have no clue what it is, then...
Scheuchevogel: Like I said, I guess the starting frame of the "!" pop-up
Eeveeiott: Perhaps. I'd have to look into it more but that sounds likely."

• Edited on 02/07/17
mostro

02/07/17

I remember experimenting with this bug for a while but the effect is only visual which means it has no real use :(. It could have had great potential if the things that appear had solid values, imagine magically spawning a barrel like this :P.

Also, oddly enough, I guess I've never got the black bar appear even though you say it's the most common for you. Things that appear seem to be highly influenced by the kind of things placed in the level, so if you put more things you might get more varied results.

Also, that last pic is weird.

Scheuchevogel

02/07/17

Try the setup shown in the first screenshot, the black bar is really easy to get with enuras or bonons on spikes. Probably also with mooks, but didnt try in the caverns. It's one half of their dissolving life bar, so everything which lets their life bar break in the right moment should work, actually.
But yeah, in the deleted parts I also discussed with Eevee about it having no use for creation purposes.
And it seems that the things appearing are almost all related to the effect of the creature (or Mitsu) dying at that moment. Things being in the level but not being involved in the death don't seem to change anything. The last picture is also a part of the death animation of a bonon. I had bonons die both in spikes and on top of each other in that one, and this is one of the bouncing/explosion effects that you see in that constellation. It wasn't just a stable solid circle, it was a full "bam!" animation popping up with the screenshot showing only one frame of it. Same goes for the rotating body parts.

• Edited on 02/07/17
mostro

02/07/17

Will try the setup in your screenshot next time.

How did you get into exprimienting with this bug, by the way :P?.

Scheuchevogel

02/07/17

The very first screenshot comes from Eevee, he mentioned this when we generally talked about hidden techniques and bugs.

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize