Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
renboy

26/01/15

Kongregate is here!
We have just adjusted Below Kryll to work with Kongregate.

If you have an account there and want to check it out, go to http://www.kongregate.com/games/BelowKryll/below-kryll
Rate our game to make it more likely that other players will notice it.

Enjoy!

mostro

30/01/15

I don't have a Kongregate account myself but this is good news, I've seen more users hanging around lately so hopefully the game will get more attention and a well needed boost in activity.

mostro

31/01/15

There's something that bothers me about the shuriken pickups ever since it was changed. The money drops are cool and all but when you replay a level you get that HUD indication that you already collected all shurikens, which make it easy to miss or forget which shurikens you already collected on your current run and that (at least for me) removes part of the challenge of replaying levels.

So I've been thinking. How about having an indication that you already collected all shurikens in a level so you won't get money drops from shurikens but then allow the player to see how many shurikens have been collected in the current run? How about adding a bonus multiplier for collecting all shurikens on a single run (like doubling your collected money if you get all shurikens)?. This could even incentivate perfecting levels on a single run as before (and which was more challenging) instead of collecting shurikens in random order on multiple runs and yet have the level "perfected".

The way I see it is kinda like this:
- renboy said half the money you get in a level comes from shurikens so I'm gonna start from there.
- The most money you can get on a level is from collecting shurikens you never reached before, so let's say you can get 500 from enemies and 500 from all 5 shurikens in an adventure for a top 1000 money bonus on a single level.
- Once you have collected all shurikens, the most money you can get on that level is 500.
- Since you already completed the level, the actual money drops from enemies are reduced by a half, so it actually tops 250.
- BUT if you collect all shurikens, you get a bonus at the end of the level that doubles your money, so you'll get up to 500 money.
- Now, here's the interesting part. If you combine these rules, when you collect all shurikens on your first run then you'll get up to 1000 money which would then be doubled since you collected all shurikens for a one-time total of up to 2000 money for actually perfecting a level.

I guess something like this would incetivate perfecting levels. Players would still be able to get shurikens in multiple runs but they'll lose the bonus money.

This is just an idea I got. The multipliers could be adjusted by the devs, plan some better way to apply it or you could simply ignore all this rant about money drops.

But the collected shurikens indicator on the current run would be nice, though.

renboy

31/01/15

Showing which shurikens you have collected on your current run is definitely a good idea!

About giving incentive for getting all the shurikens 'in one go' - the main reason that this mechanism was changed was to let people create adventures without the constraint of making it possible to collect all the shurikens in one go; Giving an extra bonus for doing it, will potentially make players annoyed with adventures that don't support it - and we prefer not to do that.

We do plan on adding more challenges in the future that will grant rewards and replayability for adventures - so you will potentially have a lot of replaying to do in the future ;)

mostro

01/02/15

Not sure if this is a bug or an issue on my end but I've been stalking new players and I can't see their ghosts, I usually only hear an effect when they die and then I see their swords falling to the ground. Can someone confirm this?.

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize