Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
Eeveeiott

19/06/15

Now, this game is amazing. I love it! I love making levels and I love playing them. Heck, I have over 100 hours in the game! I am literally addicted! But one thing I have noticed is that people don't seem to make levels too often. So what better way to inspire them to do so than adding a new area underneath the Sapphire Caverns? Now, I know that adding a new area probably is a huge task and takes tons of work with the art and coding, but I think more areas might be something this game really needs. It would make people want to explore more, which is pretty much what this game is all about. The player wants to get to the area under Takara Forest, and they do! So another area underneath Sapphire Caverns would be a great goal, especially seeing the difficulty of levels in Sapphire Cavern. It provides them with a great challenge to reach a new area! So I propose a new area called Elemental Escapades (or something else, that was just a name I came up with off the top of my head. Doesn't really matter)!

It would have many crazy things in it, and the main focus would be the three elements of Fire, Ice, and Water. Maybe Earth too if someone can find a way to make that work. The blocks in this area would be its normal stone, as well as ice blocks. Ice blocks would of course have ice physics. Doesn't ice physic parkour sound lovely? *Maniacal laugh*. Ahem... Anyways, there could also be water that would function either like it does in the classic Mega Man games, or with its own physics where you can swim in it. The final thing is fire. I was thinking along the lines of flamethrower traps or volcanoes. As for enemies since all areas appear to have three enemies, there could be an enemy based on each of the three elements present in the area. As for some epic items that may not work with the water concept, they could be locked off for the area. Similarly as to how the ghost rails are epic items in Takara Forest, but they disappear from the epic menu in Sapphire Caverns (because they are normal items there). I think the idea has great potential and it would be a great area full of the most challenging obstacles and levels in the game! What are your thoughts on this?

P.S. Zubit also helped quite a bit with this idea

• Edited on 19/06/15
zubit

19/06/15

+1

mostro

19/06/15

I guess some of those ideas would be hard to implement without a heavy rewrite to the game mechanics. Lava pits could be done as a variant of the spikes, though :P.

renboy

19/06/15

We definitely have future plans for an extra zone - but those will definitely wait until after the official release of the game.

Yes, creating a new zone is a lot of work (many items, enemies, general art, tilesets etc etc) - but it is, well... awesome.
Some of the ideas you mentioned are very 'out of the box' which can be both good and bad ;)

• Edited on 19/06/15
EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize