Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
densch

15/08/15

It would be cool if there were some logic element that acts as a customizable timer.
I think of it like this:

You use it like any other logic element.
It has a trigger A and a trigger B.

And thats how it works: Once A has been triggered , the game waits a certain time interval before trigger B is activated.

The player could choose between a 1,2, 5 or 10 second interval.

(I chose these times because you could reach any possible time by putting several timer elements in a row)

I'm not fit enough in programming to know wether it is possible to create something like that or not.

But it would be really cool.
At the moment one can only simulate a timer by using the movement speed of an animal as a measurement.
But that also means that half of the level is already consumed by the timer system, leaving fewer space for the level itself.

I hope that you get what I mean. ^^

renboy

16/08/15

We do have a plan for a timer item that will let players send triggers after a certain interval has passed :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

mostro

16/08/15

That would make the bonon/enura/whatever timers obsolete, which, in my opinion are part of the ingenious things that can be created in the game.

Gors

18/08/15

I don't agree - the addition of logic gates certainly didn't lower the amount of contraptions in the level. You can make a permament trigger with logic gates only, but doing it with gadgets is still a possibility.

Timers would be better if you want the timer to be exactly 20 seconds - sometimes accuracy is required.

Note that the gadget only becomes obsolete when no one uses it ever. And I really don't see these gadgets being replaced or stopping to work properly.

renboy

19/08/15

Visual timers will always have a big part around Kryll, they are also the easiest ones to create and 'wrap your head' around.
The planned timer will be an epic that will cost trophies (that alone will make it far less common then current 'timers'), but will give functionality that is not easily replicated using the current game mechanics (such as timers that emit pulses at specific intervals, and timers that can be triggered on and off), and will save some precious space letting creators go even more extreme with some of their creations.

densch

21/08/15

I'm looking forward to it! ^^

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize