Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
Eeveeiott

22/02/16

Recently I've decided to try my hand at using the Musical Notes, and I've quite enjoyed it so far. However, I've run into a few things that I think it needs.
1. More octaves. I've found four octaves not to be enough to cover the songs I'm attempting to recreate. Having all seven octaves (plus the extra few keys) would really help at allowing players to fully create the pieces they want to make.
2. More instruments. This one I could do without, but at the same time I wish I could differentiate sounds a bit more. Currently, I sometimes find the violin a bit unpleasant to listen to and wish there were some other instruments to take its place, as it has its moments where it fits but sometimes you wish you had something different.
3. More spacing ability. Pretty simple, I just want to be able to space notes more accurately. If you just made it so that eight notes could fit across one 2x2 square on the grid, that'd be golden.
4. Holding a note. There are A LOT of songs that utilize drawing a note out, and whenever I have a note that's meant to be drawn out, the song just doesn't sound right without it.
And that's it. If those features were added, you'd have a solid music note system.
P.S. There haven't been any updates or teasers in a while. Are you guys taking a break or working on something big...?

• Edited on 22/02/16
Gors

22/02/16

I actually want "retriggerable" or "respawnable" notes the most, this way you could make sick loops or even actual BG music

renboy

22/02/16

Hey Eeveeiott (and Gors), thanks for the suggestions!

We are currently on a development break, though we still monitor the game and servers closely, deal with reports and fix critical issues if they come up.
We do keep reading the forums (of course) and logging any interesting suggestions that the community comes up with - So keep these coming ;)

Scheuchevogel

25/02/16

Don't let this be an eternal break, please. ;_;
There is still so much potential in this game yet to be uncovered...

Eeveeiott

15/07/16

Recently I've had an amazing idea for a musical level... If these ideas become a thing, I might be able to make it. Until then I'm going to try and work with what I've got and see if I can do it. The lack of what is in this suggestion has been a huge issue with my experience with the music notes so far, both with this idea and one I tried in the past. The few instruments and spacing are what get in the way the most with my newer idea I'd say, but holding a note would be really really useful too. I really hope to be able to make this level, but if I can't then oh well.

Eeveeiott

15/07/16

Oh, and a new request: The ability to adjust the volume of a note.

Extra side note: Requested instruments: Drums, guitar/electric guitar, gong/bells.
If everything I've requested gets added, I swear I will create the greatest musical level/series anyone here has ever seen and maybe will ever see.

• Edited on 15/07/16
tebkanlo

28/08/16

Since I'm currently repeating my experience with music notes after my last melody butcher

And even if I had no need for more octaves as Eeveeiott, I totally agree with him.
Instrument request: flute (even ocarina would be perfect, for Zelda music tracks), xylophone
Holding notes: Eeveeiott doesn't like the violin, but at least a line of violin notes seems more pleasant than a woodpecker/jackhammer playing a line of piano notes (main reason why I'm not totally satisfied with 28e5).

Not sure how there could be a clear way to choose note value (whole, half, quarter...) if there isn't just a unique way to recreate in-game the time signature.
Because there are different speeds to activates the notes (walking/running Mitsu, express long, bonon...). For example, in my opinion pushing a barrels seems the perfect speed necessary for Zelda Secret jingle

PS: I like Gors idea about respawnable notes

• Edited on 28/08/16
EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize