Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
Gors

22/02/16

So far, we've been stacking up on mokon bones, rune pebbles and wuji seeds, but there are no real uses for that. I thought up of an interesting way to spend them: Crafting items.

Let's say that you're having trouble in a level, and if you had an extra platform over there, you could get to the other side easily. This would be a solution to ease the game for those who aren't experienced.

So, by spending the items, you can make platforms or objects spawn. Wuji seeds would act like piko plants (a bush grows and serves as a platform), rune pebbles serve as movable platforms that move a set path, etc. You can then combine those items to make bigger platforms, or even power up mitsu for that adventure.

Just spitballing here.

mostro

23/02/16

That's actually a good idea. I don't know if the devs ever planned on adding an actual use to those items but this might work if they don't have other plans for those.

Gors

23/02/16

CRAFTING ITEMS

Crafting items are a special kind of item in Kryll. While you can use them to embellish your own creations, they also can be used in others' adventures to help your way.

Having trouble in a difficult level? Can't reach that one cliff? Create a block in the middle of the gap! Or do you wish another checkpoint? Add one yourself!

Because of the nature of the game outside of edit mode, items that are spawned in others' levels cannot receive triggers. Using them in a level that is yours in Edit mode lets you add triggers, however.

Rune Pebble: allows you to create Rune Blocks, which serves as platforms.

Wuji Seed: creates a ground-attached shrub for a set time. Can damage enemies and Mitsu (exactly like a spike trap). Good for tons of enemies.

Mokon Remains: Spawns a stationary mokon, which is harmless and can bump you up like a Bonon. Can be killed.

Gears: Modifier item: adds movement to the items.

Crystal tears: Heals Mitsu by 1HP.

Rune Pebble + Rune Pebble = Rune Monolith. Creates a Runic statue (exactly like a Frog Statue in utility)

Rune Pebble + Wuji Seed = Wuji Totem. Creates a Wooden Totem (exactly like an underground Totem in utility)

Rune Pebble + Mokon Remains = Rock Mokon. Can be pushed around and can bump you up. Can be killed.

Rune Pebble + Gears = Rune Board. Creates a platform that moves in a set path.

Rune Pebble + Crystal tears = Beacon. Serves as an extra checkpoint. It will respawn you with only 1HP, and can't heal you further.

Wuji Seed + Wuji Seed = Wuji tree. Serves no use, but it is a good BG decoration :)

Wuji Seed + Mokon Remains = Nothing (the wuji seed's poison kills the mokon)

Wuji Seed + Gears = Wuji Basket. Creates a barrel made of Wuji branches (acts exactly like a barrel).

Wuji Seed + Crystal tears = Healing Shrub. Creates a ground-attached bush that drops a healing berry every time you hit it. Each berry heals 1HP and a max of 3 fruits fall from the tree before it dies.

Mokon Remains + Mokon Remains = Mokon Goliath. Creates a bigger Mokon (a Bonon the size of a barrel). It can walk around.

Mokon Remains + Gears = Walking Mokon. Basically a Bonon.

Mokon Remains + Crystal tears = Crystal Mokon. Basically a Bonon, but cannot be killed.

Gears + Crystal Tears = Sword powerup.

Crystal Tears + Crystal Tears = Invincibility Potion. Grants 10 seconds of invincibility to Mitsu when grabbed.

This is still a bunch of spitballing, and is certainly very difficult to implement due to the amount of required assets... However I'm supporting the idea of having a crafting method of some kind so we can spend more than one kind of item at once.

• Edited on 23/02/16
mostro

23/02/16

Sounds good but, on second thought, it could be abused to make levels impossible to complete without requiring some crfating. That's not necessarily bad, but can open the doors to trolling.

Gors

23/02/16

I have thought about that and it's my main concern.

Give someone a gun, and they'll either shoot animals to feed their family, or shoot someone else.

I'm ok with some levels requiring placeable items to be winnable - but I see how that could be game breaking.

densch

29/02/16

Would be cool if the creator of a level could decide wether this is allowed in his level or not.
So that level that were intended to be -impossible- challenging, cant be made super easy by using crafted items.

For the trolls, well theres not much you can do about it. They will always find ways to troll people , even without a crafting system.
But I think that a level that forces you to craft stuff in order to win wont be rated high anyways. Since people surely wont be too happy about farming items to beat the level.

And if it were an extreme case, you could surely report it to the Belw Kryll team I guess. :-)

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize