Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
Scheuchevogel

28/02/16

Hey guys! Sometimes I wonder if those hyper-perfection jumps etc. would be easier playing with a controler/gamepad instead of keyboard. However, using a controler doesn't go well with using a mouse, and you can't play the game without a mouse. (Temporarily you can, but not permanently.) So what do you do? Stick to keyboard? Keep switching between controler and other input devices?

tebkanlo

28/02/16

I'm used to keyboard in general, but I think it's matter of getting used to.
For example I tried to use the secondary control scheme (wasd + jkl), once.
ONLY once. I felt noob again

Scheuchevogel

28/02/16

For me it usually depends on the type of game. For games in which you move in a 3D environment (first person or third person view) I often prefer keyboard. Especially if you can look around with the mouse. For 2D games like this one (or also from top down perspective) I however often prefer controler (unless a mouse is involved). It makes it much easier to hit the right buttons, imo. For example, I can't count how many times I hit tab here when intending to dash, or "R" when intending to slice... >_>

mostro

29/02/16

I play with the keyboard. As for the "hyper-perfection jumps" you should really play Gors' "It's all about momentum" and you'll see your life will get a lot easier around Kryll :P.

Scheuchevogel

06/03/16

mostro, I keep telling you I F**CKING KNOW those techniques! I have played and perfected(!) that level long ago. I LOVE Gors' levels, I really do. He comes up with awesome ideas, techniques and/or riddles, which might at times confuse you at first. But once you understand them, they reward you with being fair and manageable. And that last part is the GIANT difference to levels which you, Eeveeiott and at times tebkanlo build. Yes, all of you come up with awesome concepts, too. And most of the time, I DO find out what I am supposed to do. But unlike for Gors' levels, that does not mean you can do them. Even after knowing what to do you have to do jumps which require every pixel to be used and every button to be timed perfectly. So I spent a lot of time, understood perfectly what to do, and leave frustrated and empty-handed anyway after a thousand failed attempts. And please, PLEASE do now not start about "training" or "with the time". If a level requires me to die a trillion times that level is simply not fun to me. And my reactions will never be that fast, I am just not that good at timing. And that will not improve, quite on the contrary. How old are you? 15? 20? Get at my age, and then try those levels again. And trust me, age does not get better with the time...
Don't take that personally, but it really enrages me how people can on the one side come up with so clever concepts and on the other hand be so utterly ignorant to not consider that there are people on this world who don't have the fast reactions / timing abilities that you guys have. That does not mean that the others are stupid, so please stop putting it that way. Go on, build levels only for you, teb and Eeveeiott, it seems you enjoy them. But sorry, I do not.

mostro

06/03/16

Hey, I made that post like a week ago!.

You should totally also play Zubit's "Advanced moves bootcamp". And also let me tell you something I tell everyone who asks about the solution for my levels, if I'd give you a hint, it would spoil the challenge because then the level becomes extremely easy. I don't like making hard levels and I certainly don't think they're that hard unless you consider basic game skills like Air Flurry and Air Superiority hard to do.

I can understand that you don't want to play Eeveeiott's levels but comparing those to mine?... renboy once said: if you're trying something that requieres extreme precision, chances are you're doing it wrong.

Scheuchevogel

06/03/16

I'm not playing the game from the website, so I'm not logged in daily.
Advanced moves bootcamp: Also perfected long ago. You are still looking at the wrong reasons.
There is a reason why both you and Eeveeiott have lots of levels which never get above the rating reqirement. Whenever I leave a level frustrated, it usually carries the name of one of you two. >_>
Air Flurry and Air Superiority are not insanely hard on their own, but can be if required to be chained too much with each other or with other tasks. Or if required to be timed perfectly.
Take your walk series, just to mention one. I DO know how to "walk". That doesn't mean however that it works everytime for everybody, and under constantly worsening conditions. Or that I want to replay a complete level from scratch if I fail at step 40 of 50 steps. (And then again at 41. And again at 39. And again at 22. And again at 40. etc.)

mostro

06/03/16

The mecha walks are actually quite simple levels. The enura walk ones are more puzzles in the sense that you have to figure out how to solve them but those hardly require any extreme skills. The reason few people complete them is because they can't figure it out, not because they're hard. When I insist about knowing the game mechanics is because the game has a lot of subtle mechanics that are not obvious and that's the kind of things I like to exploit in my levels; if you have played -or should I say completed- "Define", you'd know what I'm talking about.

Besides all that, I try to make my levels easy to complete if not to perfect. And I try to use respawn points to avoid players having to restart, except in a few cases where that could break the level.

Also, hard/annoying levels have existed for as long as the game's been around, like those by Guan, which also doesn't have a lot of completions/perfections and that's OK.

Scheuchevogel

06/03/16

Enura walk still requires perfect timing (and sometimes luck on top of that) for the late steps even if you know exactly what to do. Like I said I usually DO get the mechanics that I am supposed to use. And the bonsais usually do not spawn the mechas/enuras etc, so I don't agree there, either. And that is just one example, so let's not get lost in it. If we now start going into level details, this will become a neverending discussion.

And I will probably never even reach Define due to Ikami's adventures being in the way.
For creators like Guan/Aang I at least know in advance that it's not about coming up with something clever, but just insanely hard platforming/action. Like I said before, it would only bother me half as much if the mechanics "riddle" part of your adventures wasn't so interesting (with still getting nothing for solving it). That's not the case for Guan's/Aang's levels.

I don't think you will understand, so let's just say we agree to disagree. This discussion makes the frustration only bigger, so I will not continue it. And again: Please don't take it personally.

zubit

06/03/16

if its any consolation - i have passed only a fraction of mostro's evil levels ^^

tebkanlo

07/03/16

I wouldn't say evil, maybe subtler than he expected.
I usually feel like an explorer/tomb raider in a dungeon full of misteries

who fears to become the clichè dead skeleton inside every puzzle room :P

Back on topic (sort of) the mechanics of them game are very complex, they can be even pass unnoticed for a year(s)
e.g.

I am even trying to create a Lybrary with the most complete infos from all around Kryll, but there are so many adventures and I can't remember every single one.
Lately I'm even considering to publish it by letting everyone add infos in the guestbook

• Edited on 07/03/16
Scheuchevogel

07/03/16

Update regarding one of my above statements: I tried an alternate route and actually made it to "Define". And that one does indeed have at least one technique which I don't know. (And after trying and dying in dozens of ways I guess it will stay that way.)
I still don't think that applies to all those Mostro levels, though. (Especially as I did find a new technique in most of them already, and still don't make it through them.)

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize