on Steam!
tebkanlo

12/08/16

The Competition

now is over

It's just a mutant maze now

-------------

6 DIFFERENT ENTRANCES
(neither Start nor the corners included)

1 WILL LEAD TO THE SHRINE

To be a fair race I want this to start in a precise date and time

I hope the contestants to build the 3 nearby areas so that, as
showed in the preview up here, there can be a "ring road" (blue)
then all paths can be accessible

PS:The entrances are the the intesections between blue and green
lines (the border). The white point is the Start
With the free corners "ring road" will require only 3 area be ready,
17w11 , 18w12 , 17w13

• Edited on 12/08/16

...................................................................Scroll below to read the rules

• Edited on 21/09/16
  • Edited on 02/10/16
Scheuchevogel

13/08/16

Based on the blue path the most likely correct entry is at the end of the path, meaning one of the entries from below. So what exactly (except fairness) does people keep from reaching it with "just" building two levels (16w13 -> 17w13)? :)
Anyway, I currently have only plans for forrest levels (have been in the caverns too much over the last months) and need to be careful with my gold, so I fear I can't join the race either way. Which is sad, because I like the idea.
So it will probably be a race mostro vs mostro. And my favorite is clear there. Boo mostro! Go mostro! :D

Also, how does the upper right exit of 17w12 make sense? You can't exit there to follow the path, as the bridges block the path. But entering from there will lead you to nothing either, not even to the signs. So the blue "path" is not really a path, it's blocked in both directions. o_O

• Edited on 13/08/16
tebkanlo

14/08/16

It won't be that easy, my idea is to created a labirith so that even after the competition will be over you need to figure out which of the six paths will get you to the shrine.

Those bridges close only when you enter "wake up" from "Trapped Inside A..." (unless someone is more skillful than me, that goblin trigger can't be touch entering from 17w11) and I will make sure to put a ecto cubes in the top entrances to make the "ring road" easier to use

Scheuchevogel

03/09/16

Nothing happening there. :(
I could maybe come up with something fotr 18w12, but no ideas for 17w11. So until somebody builds something there, there is nothing I can do...

mostro

03/09/16

I've had like zero motivation/ideas lately :(.

tebkanlo

21/09/16

This is not a common race of time records like it is with the Race Flags.
Each one of the 6 entrances (2 above, 2 west and 2 below) have a different intricate path.
You don't have to chase someone else's blue Mitsu ghost.
You have to choose one path blindly and run as fast as you can.
If you are lucky, you get to the shrine and you can rest.
If not, you will battle for the last two places.

The Competition can start only after all 6 entrances will be easy to reach, passing inside the 3 nearby areas (above, below and west)
In order to have all possible participants at the same time (after the last 2 entrances will be ready) I will set a countdown for the following weekend, Deadline at 17:00 Central European Time (using https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/create )

Once the countdown is ser, share this forum post with other players (or spam the countdown link), everyone with a level 7 or higher will be accepted by our cheerful bouncer, Grim Reaper.

RULES

-To avoid external interferences, let's put every other chat, except the Official Competition chat, on Mute. Whatever communication will be give there before and after a round will start
-To start the race, every player must be in position in one of the colored areas INSIDE The Competition in order to be there when the open-paths update will be published.
--WARNING: If you won't be inside when the update arrives, you won't see any change inside the adventure and, possibly, lose your lucky path.
--IN CASE OF THIS, WARN ME IMMEDIATELY, TO STOP THE COMPETITION AND RESET IT.
-After the update/start signal (example below) holding Z will restart you and let you in from the exact point you last entered.
http://orig02.deviantart.net/6056/f/2016/265/5/b/screen_shot_2016_09_18_at_23_43_42_by_tebkanlo-daii04m.png
--WARNING: Be sure to exit and enter through the entrance you choose at least once to be sure (especially the green entrance)

-Once a round is over, because someone arrives at the shrine, the remaining contestants must return to their color station after the lockdown update (hold Z), to wait the start of the next round.
-Before the next round, a d6 (a common 6 faces dice) will be rolled to choose the next lucky path. If the number will correspond to an already winning path (of the first or second player that reached the shrine) the dice will be rolled again.
--IF YOU LIKE TO ADD A LITTLE MORE THRILL, AT EVERY NEW ROUND PLAYERS MUST CALL DIBS ON WHICH ENTRANCE THEY BET TO WIN
-Before the next round will start I will check that everyone path is locked, to prevent cheating start (with outdated version of The Contest)

IT SHOULD BE BETTER THAT ONE PATH IS CHOSE BY ONE CONTESTANT AT TIME. BUT IN CASE OF MORE THAN 6 CONTESTANTS, I THINK THIS COULD TURN IN A MORE COMPETITIVE GAME

• Edited on 21/09/16
tebkanlo

28/09/16

http://timeanddate.com/s/32s8

Let's share this countdown and forum topic link with other players

• Edited on 28/09/16

In case you didn't know, you can copy lines of text in chat, just open the chat and click on the white line you want

• Edited on 28/09/16
EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize