Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
Scheuchevogel

18/11/16

Hi guys.

I'm currently* thinking about a concept which would be very story focused and heavy on dialogues. Much, much more than my prior series like the Kryllsylvania series. And having far less platforming, riddles and fighting. I'm not sure if this would be appreciated though, as that may not be the type of experience players are looking for below Kryll. Therefore, before putting all the efforts in it, I would like to get your opinions. Anonymously, to be sure you don't hesitate to be honest. I don't want to create something that you won't like in the end, In that case I rather perfer to go on building "ordinary" adventures. So look at the atatetments below, and vote according to those best representing your opinion:

Vote "Yay" if more of of the following quotes apply:
- I don't necessarily need platforming/fighting/riddles to enjoy a level.
- If the story is interesting I'm ok with it being the focus.
- I don't mind reading a lot of text.
- A level being easy doesn't mean it's bad.
- I like diversity, so such a series would make a nice change.

Vote "Nay" if more of of the below quotes apply:
- I prefer platforming/fighting/riddles.
- Only story and barely challenges? Great, I'll just ignore the story and get fast and easy shurikens!
- I get easily bored with lots of text. If it's too much I just skip it and go on.
- I want challenges. No challenges means it's not interesting.
- I prefer to get typical adventures.

Link to the poll (please only vote once per person):
http://www.strawpoll.me/11675027

• Still in a very early stage, not to be excepted anytime soon yet.

EDIT: Poll closed, and please look at my latest post for announcements.

• Edited on 08/01/17
zubit

18/11/16

i vote yay :)

i like all the quotes from the first part, though if 'a lot of text' is an insane amount of text - that might be a bit of a turn off (i do love a good story though! so if the story is interesting, i might even read a really large amount of text).

and easy levels most definitely don't mean it's bad!!

Eeveeiott

18/11/16

Yay! I'm always looking for more stories in Kryll :P

mostro

19/11/16

While I prefer more action, I can enjoy story levels if the story is engaging.

I voted yay! but I'm not sure if I did it right since I still see only one vote in the results.

Scheuchevogel

19/11/16

So far I see a clear tendency. :D
But it will still take a while until I can start the project, so I will wait for further votes.

@zubit: That's one of my main concerns. Not sure where it starts to be insane for you, but the story would be told by dialogues (you don't have many other possibilities to tell story below Kryll), and its mainly story, so...

edit: So much about anonymously, btw. XD

• Edited on 19/11/16
tebkanlo

19/11/16

YAY!
Since I recently created some areas with lots of dialogs (and found it hard to put my "simple" scifi ideas in just 12 dialog boxes per NPC) so I would like to see how it could turn out if done by someone else

• Edited on 19/11/16
Scheuchevogel

25/12/16

It's not forgotten, progress is just very slowly. It takes a lot of time, which I rarely have. So I keep getting distracted by easier-to-implement ideas. :(

• Edited on 26/12/16
Problematique

06/01/17

I voted yay!

Scheuchevogel

07/01/17

To late now anyway! :P
Building has started, it's just not progressing very well.

But I just noticed there's a "Nay", now, too. D:

Scheuchevogel

08/01/17

I have to set myself a deadline, or I will never finish this... >_>
So, what could be a better timing than my one year celebration?
Not one year as a player, thats probably about now, but the exact date can't be determined. I can however deduct from its comments that my first adventure has been published at January 15th or 16th. So I will celebrate that with the start of the series. More details:

Series Name: Trapped
Number of Parts: 6 (maybe plus 1 Bonus Adventure)
Publication dates:
Part 1: 15th of January [complete]
Part 2: 17th of January [complete]
Part 3: 20th of January [complete]
Part 4: 22nd of January [complete]
Part 5: 24th of January [complete]
Part 6: 26th of January [complete]
The parts should be played without too long breaks in between, that's why I am preparing a lot in advance but don't publish anything yet.
Bonus Adventure: I am thinking about putting a commentary as bonus at the end, but if I do that one will most likely be published only later. (Not in the 2 days rythm.)
Spoilers: Some things can be guessed upfront, but I still ask you to not put them in the guestbook. If you want to tell me about them, write by pm.

• Edited on 26/01/17
mostro

08/01/17

Looking forward to it.

jus

09/01/17

nice to hear but not really sure how i feel about this one ... have found most of the text based levels pretty obscure to my circle of reference , or the translation to english has been bad and i dont know whats happening or how to read the clues ... hopefully you know what i mean scheu , and i hope you prove me wrong !
good luck

Scheuchevogel

09/01/17

Well, English is not my mother tongue, so there are two ways how this can turn out:

1) I mess up the English due to that => hard to read
2) My language is probably easier, as my vocabulary is more limited => less complicated texts

Guess you have to try and find out which applies. :P

• Edited on 09/01/17
Scheuchevogel

26/01/17

Some comments after publishing the final main part, please don't read if you haven't played the full series yet:

- I could imagine some of you leave this quite puzzled. For example based on some guestbook comments I think some important clues as to what's true and whats not have been missed.
- I asked you to not post any spoilers here or in the guest book, but now I am curious about your theories and observations. If you want to share your thoughts and theories, how about generating a new topic which clearly gives a "!SPOILERS for the Trapped series!SPOILERS!" warning in the title? I probably won't comment much there for now, but rest assured I will be reading every bit. :)
- One thing to discuss there: Why do you think the title of the 6th part implies that there is more than one ending?
- For now I want to keep the mystery for a bit, but at a later point I will offer a bonus adventure explaining a lot of whats going on. I will leave all explanations optional though, so people prefering to keep the mystery can do so and still get to shurikens and shrine. Many things might make more sense than you think, but do you want to know at the cost of the suspense? Choose wisely...

• Edited on 26/01/17
EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize