Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
RMCora

23/11/16

Hello everyone! New player here, working on my first level! It's just about ready to go, but there is one critical part I need advice on.

Is there any sort of community standard, best practice, advice, opinions, thoughts, on the best way to setup the permanent edge connections? I have the left, right, and bottom to determine.

I've been going back and forth:

- Leave them all open for freedom of the other creators (but weird semi-disconnection)?

- Multiple patterned openings down the sides, with open bottom, giving many options to other creators (but leaving multiple semi-unnatural unused connections)?

- 1 or 2 natural connections based on my creation, forcing other creators to connect or dead-end where I have the openings set, keeping it natural, but more restrictive on other creators?

- Open bottom so they can choose their connection point, or closed bottom with single opening?

Also, in cases of 1 or 2 side openings, is it better to connect at the bottom, top, or either/both? Logic says more likely the top, since that'd probably be closer to the start of their creation.

Thanks! I appreciate any/all advice/input! =)

mostro

23/11/16

Standard practice is "do whatever you see fit". I usually leave exits on all sides to allow players to create new adventures from there. Some creators with better level design skills can plan the layout of their levels in advance and decide the best place for the exits (if at all). So it comes down to what you think is better for your level.

Scheuchevogel

24/11/16

Especially bottom should usually be open, unless it's essential for your adventure that its not. You make it hard for other players to reach the area below if you don't.
Also, as indicated by mostro, you might want to place exits in a way that you can easily continue your stories (with the next level) from the shrine of your current adventure without having to replay half of it.

tebkanlo

29/11/16

Ok, I'm late to give new any good advaice :P

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize