Get an
Unlimited Account!
Play Below Kryll
on Steam!
Eeveeiott

04/01/21

Hello, everybody. Long time since there's been a post on these forums, and I'm here to break the silence with a summary of each of the series in the Chaon Saga so far. Why? Because I'd say it's about time I finished it. Yes, that's right, you can expect the Chaon Saga to conclude sometime this year, once and for all.

Now, I have a lot of levels, and you may be wondering, exactly which of them *are* part of the Chaon Saga? The answer to that is... A lot. As I said, I'll be summarizing the events of each of the series within the saga individually. Now, I highly doubt there are many people seeing this that aren't already familiar with the series, but just in case, this post will contain SPOILERS for all of these series! If you haven't played them yet, and wish to, you can access (almost) all of them from here:

So, without further ado...

Dimensional Alteration Unit

The aforementioned 34w3 is technically part of the Chaon Saga, as it provides access to every series in the Saga, and features one of its most important characters, Dave. Something to note is that there are numbers behind each portal in the level. These numbers actually denote the order in which the events of the series take place, which is different from the order each series was created. We will be going over each series in the canonical chronological order, not in the order they were created.

Broken Memories, A Simpler Path, and The Sad Truth

The earliest spot in the timeline. While the first level, Broken Memories, in this series is technically further ahead in the timeline, the levels that follow it are the earliest in the timeline we ever see. In "A Simpler Path" we meet Eddie, a teenager who desperately wants to be a ninja. Apparently his parents just threw some kind of party, but the house we see in Broken Memories is years in the future. We'll see this house again way later in the series, where the truth will be revealed.

Datru Krth

Next up, we have Datru Krth. Right off the bat, we meet Scott and Reuben, who are searching for a kidnapped girl named Sarah. As Mitsu tries to help them, he falls into the ruins of Datru Krth. There are several characters Mitsu meets here, but the most important one is Dr. Velaea. While going through the ruins, Mitsu has run-ins with Guhl Arledain, the massive worm that inhabits the ruins. Eventually, Mitsu takes down Guhl and rescues Sarah. Dr. Velaea finally introduces himself properly to Mitsu at the end of the series as "Dave," and reveals that he was actually down there searching for Sarah, who is his fiancé (and who he normally calls "Sally").
Anagrams: There are tree notable anagrams in Datru Krth. For example, Datru Krth is an anagram of Dark Truth. The other two are "Dr. Velaea" and "Guhl Arledain". I wonder what they mean?
In the final level of Datru Krth, "Resolve," Scott goes to explore some disturbances in the fabric of reality down in the level below. Sarah asks for Mitsu's help when contact with Scott gets completely cut-off. This brings us to...

Yomi

ERROR. DATA INCOMPLETE!

DIM

While playing this series, the player doesn't really know what's going on. Scott is present, but neither him or Mitsu recognize one another. However, everything is revealed at its end. After the conclusion of the events of Yomi, Scott and Mitsu returned with some strange technology. Sally decided she wanted to try it out, and created something called "the Mindscape" to be used as a psychiatric device. Mitsu and Scott volunteered to test it, but something went awry. This led to Mitsu and Scott losing their memories, and Scott losing his mind...
However, DIM is actually an incomplete series. The final area is still locked off, and will remain as such until the completion of Yomi.

Dave

In Dave, we meet Friend. Friend is lerunetitnidteolctmes uli ri e cnalu t tss.tt oul cdeati om t qpumquep sruud dase rrae rotdpeia r cppnidiscpudsvdoiro sise ett ssoioeel idtei mi,deic re ioti,eqmti auguaaaloenu, unxsm nee stncraasin ecmvneiilsc ndtuttouitipbfio,io sur ticumroodrqm e .o

B and Galactic

B and Galactic are both the remnants of labs made by S.E.D.a.R., or "Sally, Eddie, Dave, and Rick." The levels themselves take place in the future, but the founding of these labs occurred at approximately this point in the timeline. Lab A, the Galactic series, was a lab built for the purpose of harnessing cosmic energy. There is a large, unstable black hole at its core, powering the facility.
B was a facility built to explore anomalies in time and space. It was specifically built in its location because of a massive anomaly that seemed to be detected in the area, but at the time of its construction, no such thing existed. Reading the logs of each of the holograms suggests that an anomaly showed up eventually, which we will get to later on. Three of them also refer to having to construct strange items: a key, a crystal, and some kind of schematics. This will be relevant later.

McKryll's Break-In!

The events of this level are technically unimportant, but since Rick is involved, its technically a part of the Saga. So let's talk about Rick. His first appearance is in Datru Krth, where he dies. Yes, really, he dies in the third level of the series, and then does not show up again until Resolve. Except the character in Resolve isn't actually Rick, it's Mick, his twin brother. Mick explains to Mitsu that Rick had an "interesting position" in the Kryllian government and was actually there to investigate the ruins of Datru Krth. With Rick dead, Mick posed as him to continue his work.

Insert Adventure Name Here

At first, this series has nothing to do with the Chaon Saga at all. Two brothers, custom and Default, are feuding, and Mitsu decides to help custom out. Then... everything gets abruptly torn apart in the middle of the story. Friend appears. He tells Mitsu that he was never meant to be part of this series, he just decided to insert himself in. As a result, a massive tear in space and time is created, and the series is never completed. However, the final level of this series is very important because in du acois ouso o alo su,asi ai ai,etrue mn.rdnilsc saedrr llaeir ouaetmebrtr rt teeuaieited edtiootal iaoeoi mpr s orecn ctpm iqetaslcmun ret xeicl eua eeepu icmittehnvidneqmni.frmeredmmotni il orsnrsdhiguomoetd sul neto s,mt lddomls uua,ol

The Turnabout Series

And finally, we make it to the Turnabout Series. Yes, believe it or not, the Turnabout Series, the first full series I ever made, is currently the last series in the whole timeline. However, I must say that my writing and level design skills were really not at their best at this point, so I'm not really proud of some of these levels anymore. That's not what's important though, let's get to the plot. Mitsu meets the Turnabout, an old man who asks for his help with his pets... Well, this takes a turn for the worst in Turnabout Locket, when Mitsu attempts to return a locket to someone. Turns out that the spirit of chaos, Chaon, was trapped within that locket somehow. When it was opened, Chaon escaped and took control of the man Mitsu tried to give the locket to. From here on out, Mitsu, Sally, and the Turnabout battle against Chaon. Eventually, there is a three-way split.
There are two major revelations along these paths. Firstly, the man Chaon possessed is Dave. Secondly, Mitsu is brought back around to the stage "Memories," a restored version of the stage "Broken Memories" from the beginning of the Saga. Here, Mitsu treks through the house while a large party is going on. It seems that two rich scientists, who may or may not be familiar, made a major scientific breakthrough! But even more importantly, it's here where we see Eddie once again, and learn the truth of his identity. Somehow, Eddie *is* the Turnabout.
Also, remember those items from B? A key, a gem, and schematics? Well, those items are the ones Mitsu collects in the Mythical Valley of Dark Tomorrow in order to reconvene all the timelines. The fourth item is created by Sally, but since she doesn't log things in Lab B that doesn't get addressed there.
Finally, Mitsu defeats Chaon, once and for all...?

And that about wraps everything up as it currently stands. You might have noticed there are a few things that just "somehow" happened or are "somehow" true. Expect everything to explained by the time the Saga concludes.
Sorry, did I say this would be a "brief" summary? Well, you should have known better.
Thanks for reading, thanks for playing and see you in Kryll!

• Edited on 04/01/21
mostro

04/01/21

What about Fate?.

Eeveeiott

04/01/21

Fate is a part of Dave.

mostro

04/01/21

Oh, is it?. Sorry if you mention it in the Dave section, I didn't try to decipher the text yet.

Eeveeiott

05/01/21

Yes. When I build the levels after it, it'll become a bit clearer.

Also, to save you some time, that text is almost certainly impossible to decipher. Even if it is possible, though, I think you'd be disappointed by what you ended up with.

Scheuchevogel

05/01/21

And I assume the cryptic part of Insert Adventure Name Here is also not supposed to be deciphered yet?

Eeveeiott

05/01/21

That's correct.

EULA | Privacy Policy | Report an issue | Contact us | Game client release notes | Approval to monetize